PDA

View Full Version : Red Rose

Anita Bower
07-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f40, ISO 200, 0.5 sec., manual exposure, manual focus using Live View, tripod, overcast day, diffuser. Processed in Elements 10: basic adjustments including selective lightening and darkening, High Pass, Topaz Adjust >Exposure Correction, a couple of Photo Filters.

C & C always welcome.

Hazel Grant
07-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Gorgeous color. LIke the center's sharpness. I was debating about a square crop. It might make the center too "center" but then it would elminate some of that "dead" space on the left. .....hmmm. No, maybe just leave it as it is....tht dead space actually gives it some depth.

Bob Miller
07-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Anita. I like this as posted. I especially appreciate the center sharpness amid the oof petals. The overcast light really brings out those colors......beautiful work!

Anita Bower
07-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you both for your comments. :-)

Steve Maxson
07-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Anita. Those yellows, golds, and reds are really something! Very good overall sharpness and I like the off-center comp. Excellent work! :cheers:

Jonathan Ashton
07-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Hi Anita a very nice image, I would be interested to see the image without all the filters, I must confess I am a little cynical regarding their true value. I do have Topaz Denoise and Detail, the latter I tend to use very little indeed now. The reason I raise this question is that parts of the denser red areas seem to lose detail and I wonder if these filters really help or hinder sometimes.

Anita Bower
07-31-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi Anita a very nice image, I would be interested to see the image without all the filters, I must confess I am a little cynical regarding their true value. I do have Topaz Denoise and Detail, the latter I tend to use very little indeed now. The reason I raise this question is that parts of the denser red areas seem to lose detail and I wonder if these filters really help or hinder sometimes.
Here is the unprocessed image. I'll be interested in your thoughts. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
07-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Here is the unprocessed image. I'll be interested in your thoughts. :S3:
Hi Anita thanks for showing the original, I sense the reds are just a little saturated - but of course this just may be me, no one else has mentioned it, here is an alternative - you may of course still prefer your original.

Anita Bower
07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi Anita thanks for showing the original, I sense the reds are just a little saturated - but of course this just may be me, no one else has mentioned it, here is an alternative - you may of course still prefer your original.
I like what you did with it. Maybe I'll go back and tone down the reds a bit, but keep it off center. I find reds difficult to work with. Perhaps I've been consistently oversaturating them. I appreciate your input! :-)