PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Tiger

Michael Eckstein
04-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Siberian Tiger(captive) taken at the Houston Zoo in December 2007. Canon 40D 100/400L at 400mm - ISO 800 1/320 @ ƒ6.3 handheld. Slight crop to fill frame with subject.

Steve Maxson
04-20-2008, 01:52 PM
A very nice portrait with good eye contact. It looks like it's ready for supper and maybe has you in mind! The face and eyes appear a bit soft - you might try a little more USM.

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Michael,
Love your tiger, nice tight crop and great eye contact. It is a bit soft. I took the liberty to enhance your image, hope you like...:D
I tweaked up the color hue just a tad, adjusted your contrast, and gave it a bit of saturation and graced it with just a slight touch of sharpening...:)

Ed Cordes
04-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Great eye contact and expression. I would prefer a tad more room to the left. It looks as if the point of critical focus is the Tiger's left ear. This makes the face a bit soft. Gus' re post is better, but the face is still slightly soft on my monitor.

Michael Eckstein
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Gus thanks for enhancing my image, it needed it. The color and contrast looked pretty much like you had it until I saved for the web in Photoshop. I redid it and added some contrast, but it still didn't look as good as the job you have done!!!

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. Is there any formula for adding sharpness and contrast to an image that looks good as a.PSD or .tiff so that it looks the same when saved as a .jpg for the web?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Grady Weed
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Looks as if the vital improvements have been noted already. Keep after this one. They make great subjects. The re-post contrast is a big improvement over the dull original colors. Thanks for posting your work.