PDA

View Full Version : Sparrowhawk (Killer with gore)

Richard Unsworth
07-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Hmm it is of course a Sparrow Hawk lol

One hapless Morehen chick..
Just packing up to leave while trying for more Harriers when this arrived on the fence in front of the hide.
Very busy enviro as you can see. but quite poignant nonethe less.

7D 100-400 ON TRIPOD
1/1660 F5.6 ISO 640 :S3:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

PhilCook
07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Life aint easy in the swamps it seems....quite a large meal for one bird by the look of it, very cool thing to witness Richard, any idea just what was on the menu ?

shane shacaluga
07-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Great action shot, unlucky the prey is in the shadows

You sure that is a sparrow and not a Goshawk?

Richard Unsworth
07-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi Shane

European Sparrowhawk for sure , quite a large individual though, likely a female.

thanks for comment!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

shane shacaluga
07-23-2012, 09:41 AM
The Sparrowhawks in my area are a lot more puny haha. Think its due to your's eating Moorhens i guess ;)

Davidwilliams
07-23-2012, 11:14 AM
great capture shame about the shadows, wonderful to watch, why cant they do this with the light in the right place !!!

Richard Unsworth
07-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Not the way it works sometimes and here nowhere to go with the light, might be possible to lift shadows a little as posted is darker than for me.