PDA

View Full Version : Apothacary Room Flip

Paul Lagasi
07-22-2012, 09:08 AM
This image was taken at Hiedelberg Castle in Germany. It is a 3 image HDR of an old apothacary..I used photomatix for the effect but wasn't crazy about the result....so I removed all the dark shadows from from the hanging glasswork and added the flipped image using CS5.

Thanks for looking

Cheryl Slechta
07-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Paul, first of all - what a cool looking place! You've made it way cooler with the flip - it adds a very eerie feel to it. (I love the lighting, too).:S3:

John Storjohann
07-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Paul, this is a really nice image...beautiful lighting...wonderful colors...strong composition with the flip. I wish there was just a bit of room at the edges, just past the end of the wooden shelves...but that's a minor point. Well done!

Dave Mills
07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Paul, very creative and well handled. Agree with John about a bit more room but otherwise a very interesting image...

denise ippolito
07-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Paul, I like what you did here. The flip really made this image stand out! Nice job!!

nzmacro
07-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Well done and good idea. Have you noticed that when you mirror and join images sometimes you actually create another unintentional image in the centre where it joins.

Anyway, very well done, nice work and shot.

Danny.

Anita Bower
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Wow! They should have built is like this to start with. Beautiful symmetry. You created a lovely image, with symmetry, light, texture, color. Very nicely done. No one mentioned this, but I'd slightly lighten the center vertical where the image was flipped. Great work.

Nancy Bell
07-23-2012, 07:31 PM
This is so much more interesting than just an ordinary room!! The flip is fantastic and makes me feel like secret potions are mixed here.