PDA

View Full Version : Green Zinnia

Anita Bower
07-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Where have all the flower photographers gone? :S3:

I took this a few days ago at Chanticleer Gardens in Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, 1/640, f3.2, ISO 200, tripod, manual exposure, manual focus using Live View. Processed in Elements 10: levels, high pass, clone, Topaz DeNoise.

C & C appreciated.

Bob Miller
07-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi Anita....I m still here posting flowers! Chanticleer gardens is a favorite spot for me to shoot flowers. I like your Zinna capture for its blending of so many shades of green and blue and your selective focus worked well but I think I would have liked to see just a tad more Dof. You might consider toning down the center of the flower a bit more if possible

Anita Bower
07-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Thank you, Bob, for your suggestions. Here is another version with the center toned down and sharpened a bit more. I think it is an improvement.

nzmacro
07-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Repost :w3 bang on the money. You have so much more detail in there, very nice. Like the comp on this personally and I don't mid the DOF at all. Probably just different tastes. Great shades of natural greens.

All the best Anita, nicely done.

Danny.

Anita Bower
07-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Repost :w3 bang on the money. You have so much more detail in there, very nice. Like the comp on this personally and I don't mid the DOF at all. Probably just different tastes. Great shades of natural greens.

All the best Anita, nicely done.

Danny.
Thanks, Danny. Glad you like it. I find that the comments from photographers on these forum definitely improve my photos!

Bob Miller
07-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Anita.....Repost looks good!

Anita Bower
07-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Anita.....Repost looks good! It does thanks to your comments! I appreciate it! :-)

Steve Maxson
07-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Anita. Lovely mix of greens! The repost is a big improvement. Good sharpness within your DOF (a little more DOF would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker) and I like the comp with the flower tilting to the right. Very nicely done!

Anita Bower
07-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi Anita. Lovely mix of greens! The repost is a big improvement. Good sharpness within your DOF (a little more DOF would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker) and I like the comp with the flower tilting to the right. Very nicely done!
Thanks, Steve. I don't know why I didn't try a smaller aperture. Usually I do.

Hazel Grant
07-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Glad you did the repost. When I first looked at the posting, I thought what a shame the center of focus didn't include the center of the flower. Like that the sharpness included the leave below, though.

Anita Bower
07-26-2012, 05:17 AM
Glad you did the repost. When I first looked at the posting, I thought what a shame the center of focus didn't include the center of the flower. Like that the sharpness included the leave below, though.
Thank you, Hazel!