PDA

View Full Version : Snow Bunting

Mike Milicia
07-20-2012, 08:48 AM
EOS-1D Mk IV, 500mm f/4L IS, 1/250, f/4.5, ISO 800
About 95% of Full Frame.

Photographed last month at Jökulsárlón, also know as the Ice Lagoon, during the Shoot The Light Iceland workshop.

Stu Bowie
07-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi Mike, love the calling pose, and nice and sharp where it counts. Comp wise, I would probably move him up in the frame a touch.

Marina Scarr
07-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Great calling pose, perch and BG. Agree on moving him up in the frame a tad. Some of your whites are full of details and extremely sharp. However, a few are looking a tad hot and a few darks a bit blocked. In Viveza I put control points on the top and back of the head as well as the chin, decreased brightness by 10 and increased structure by 15. Conversely, on the back, I increased brightness and also added some structure. Although the difference is slight, it's noticeable and I think you might like it. I might also consider sharpening the head a little more as the primary focus appears to be on the bird's side.

arash_hazeghi
07-20-2012, 04:52 PM
great to see this uncommon specie from Iceland. has the Nordic light and ambiance. I agree with Stu moving the bird up and to the right will improve the comp. I also agree with Marina re sharpening the head just a tad more. TFS great looking bird

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Mike, lots of good pointers above. Loved the BG and the orientation. at that SS, incredible that you got the open bill so sharp. Excellent subtle head turn. Well done as always.

Frank Schauf
07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and colours.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Great pose and perch with a nice clean bg. Your detail is great and I like the noted suggestions

Rachel Hollander
07-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Mike - great calling pose. Good suggestions above. I hope you also have some landscapes to share from your trip in the landscape forum. Iceland is on my list.

TFS,
Rachel