PDA

View Full Version : Sun on the Stubble

PhilCook
07-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Taken just out of the township of Kiata in Victoria, Australia at dawn. Fog lifting over the barren fields, a fairly typical rural scene before Winter sets in in Australia's agricultural regions

Nikon D300 + Tamron 28/75......35, f 8, 1/50, ISO 200, -0.3 EV, hand held, basic editing

nzmacro
07-20-2012, 05:23 AM
It appeals with the mood and feel to it. I would like to see this in B/W also. Could be very interesting or, maybe thats just me.

All the best.

Danny.

Nick Palmieri
07-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi Phil, I like the feel to this and the fog adds nicely to the scene. I think I would brighten up the shadows just a bit. Since I was not there I can only guess that moving to the right a bit would prevent merger of the tractor in the FG with the tree in the BG which may this. TFS

PhilCook
07-20-2012, 07:28 AM
It appeals with the mood and feel to it. I would like to see this in B/W also. Could be very interesting or, maybe thats just me.

All the best.

Danny.

Taa Danny, yes I think a B&W would be quite good as well

Andrew Aveley
07-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Nice scene here.May a little to tight on the top for me and tad to much on the bottom .Agree with shadow area and what about pumping the saturation a little with a touch more temp in the WB ?

TFS

Morkel Erasmus
07-23-2012, 03:17 AM
A nice scene Phil. I agree with Andrew on increasing saturation a tad...and I would also like to see this in monochrome...
I love the misty feel here, and feel that if you don't have multiple exposures a double-raw process to obtain more details in the deep shadows would benefit the image, especially the farming utility in the foreground.

PhilCook
07-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Taa for looking, I guess again it comes down to monitor settings as I see quite a bit of detail in the shadows

Roman Kurywczak
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey Phil,
I too like the mood but would have stepped either more left of right......to avoid the merge with the tree. Hope you explored various comps as the mood was fantastic!