PDA

View Full Version : CS3 vs CS2

Steve Bein
04-19-2008, 09:57 AM
I usually wait for the second generation upgrade, so CS4 would be the step up. I wonder if CS3 has that much advantage over CS2? Any comments? Any idea when CS-4 or the equivalent will show itself?
Thanks,
STeve

Robert O'Toole
04-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Would recommend CS3. It is a huge upgrade. Some of the tasks are much faster and generally the program is works better overall and some of the new features (curves with a histogram overlay) are alone worth the $199 upgrade price.

Robert

Sandra Nykerk
04-20-2008, 08:47 AM
CS3 is changing the entire Photoshop workflow. It is worth the upgrade alone just for the new ACR. For a few months, I had CS3 installed on my laptop but not on my desktop and I could not wait to get it on the desktop -- found myself delaying doing any postprocessing on the desktop because I missed CS3 so much. I would recommend moving to CS3 as soon as possible -- you will love it.

Sandra Nykerk

William Malacarne
04-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Just rumors going around but CS4 may not be that far off. Lightroom Beta is out and it will be updated soon so since it uses the same ACR as CS it would seem they will both be updated at or about the same time.

Bill

Robert Amoruso
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
For me CS3 was a big jump from CS2 and I am glad I did it. ACR is a big reason, but photomerge is better and the HDR routines are improved. Quick selection tool is cool. Plus a whole bunch of little things that improves the product overall.