PDA

View Full Version : IMBY

Richard Stern
07-19-2012, 06:05 PM
You don't have to go to exotic places or even to use a dSLR to find interesting sunsets. This was In My Back Yard a few evenings ago - in Nova Scotia, in the N.E. corner of N.America.

Panasonic ZS-20 P&S, hand-held, 1/200, f/5.8. -1/3EV, ISO100, pattern metering, but centered on the upper part of the sky.

Comments welcome.

Richard

Don Railton
07-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Hi Richard.

I like what you were trying to do here. A nice frame around the glowing sky, but I would have preferred that the distant sky/cloud was also in focus. Not sure what level of control (in terms of available F stop) you have with that camera but more DOF would have been nice. If limited in F stop range, then maybe you could have blended two images, each focused on different elements in the image to achieve the same...

DON

Andrew Aveley
07-21-2012, 03:39 AM
I am with DOn here , great concept ......I would also prefer the BG in focus and the FG out of focus :)

TFS

Morkel Erasmus
07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi Richard. Solid sentiments and sage advice. I like the simplistic idea here, but feel it's not pulled off optimally, for the same reasons as mentioned above. Would love to see more of your work, though...keep them coming! :bg3: