PDA

View Full Version : Common darter (teneral)

Jonathan Ashton
07-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Tripod
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 0.6
Av( Aperture Value ) 16.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 100
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
Image Quality RAW
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Servo AF
AF area select mode Manual selection
Color Space Adobe RGB

Again I had missed the dragonfly emerging from it's exuvia, I got up early but decided to go for the barn owl - still I can't complain, I got the owl and then I came home and got this shot. The exuvia was located about two inches below (5cm) the dragonfly.
All C&C welcome.

Dave Leroy
07-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I guess that is why the wings look so perfect-newly emerged. I really like the highlights in the wings as it gives a nice depth to them.
The rest of d'fly is nice and sharp and well placed on stem. It does seem a bit tight on bottom though. Colors look great.

Steve Maxson
07-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi Jonathan. I'm running out of things to say about your dragonfly/damselfly images - they are all of very high quality! :S3: I like the highlights on the wings - they really are that shiny when these guys first emerge. Once again - excellent light, sharpness, comp, and background! You might clone the little "hair" that sticks into the frame at the top - just right of the stem. I wonder if you could have gotten a tall, narrow vertical that included both dragonfly and exuvia? Very well done! :cheers:

Jason Stander
07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Beautiful detail, comp and bg... WD J!

Markus Jais
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Great IQ, beautiful colors and light, wonderful sharpness. I would only prefer a little more room at the bottom.

Markus