PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Egret

Mike Milicia
07-17-2012, 01:01 AM
EOS-1D Mk IV, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS @ 200mm, 1/3200, f/5.6, ISO 400
Manual exposure at Sunny 16 ... then reduced exposure in ACR by 0.45.
Manual fill flash at -2.
About 90% of Full Frame (cropped from top and right).

Finally getting around to processing some more images from this past May at St. Augustine Alligator Farm.

gail bisson
07-17-2012, 03:35 AM
Hi Mike,
I really like the pose- running on top of the flowers is different for sure.
I would clone out the other egrets' head that is visible on the bottom edge. I find the tree trunk on the left edge a bit distracting and if this was mine, would crop it out.
Whites look good despite the bright/harsh light. Good use of fill flash for the shadows. Bird doesn't look flashed at all,
Gail

Satish Ranadive
07-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Excellent frame of Egret in habitat.I like the running on the top of flowers pose as said by Gail. Nice colors and habitat.

Wynand van Wyk
07-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Agree on the flowers adding something special. Love the detail and colours of the image! Great exposure of the whites too!

Marina Scarr
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Like the story portrayed by this capture b/c you get the sense of a bird running on the flowers. Like that you put the egret high in the frame to give the flowers the height. Agree on cloning the other egret's head and the branch on the left. Some of the whites are up on the right but the sense of the egret running on flowers overshadows the brightness and makes for an interesting capture.

Daniel Cadieux
07-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Unique setting (for me at least) as I haven't seen an egret in such setting. Neat pose with the full upstorke wing (I do wish for a better HA though...). I agree with the extra head at bottom, but rather I'd crop it out and add the same amount back at top. Exposure looks great, and I like the OOF tress in the background.

Karl Egressy
07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Lovely bird captured in nice pose, Mike.