07-16-2012, 07:48 PM
taken at a butterfly garden in Md.
Nikon D3s
1/1250 @5.6
ISO 1600
Tamron 180 macro

Dave Leroy
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Great looking colors. I really like the detail in that eye. It would be nice if not centered but so much detail on left side so not much to be done about that. Also nice to see the front leg.

Steve Maxson
07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi Bob. Cool colors and nice sharpness within your shallow DOF. Also good IQ for ISO 1600. Like Dave, I would wish for a less centered comp. Given that the sharpness is primarily around the head, proboscis, and antenna, you might consider a significant crop from the left - for example, almost to the end of the abdomen. This will put further emphasis on the sharp portions of the image while still retaining lots of the beautiful greens and magentas. :S3: Nicely done!

Anita Bower
07-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Beautiful colors!. Unusual shallow dof for a butterfly. I might crop off the right side just before edge of antenna so as to move focus out of the center while preserving the lovely lines of the wings.

LindaHarden
07-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I think it is an interesting and impactful image. I found your camera settings give me food for thought. You exercised good technique to get this photo in what must have been dark conditions and got very good results. But mostly, the image gets and keeps your attention.