PDA

View Full Version : Red Dunes

Vivaldo Damilano
07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Nikon D3s 14-24 F2.8.. 1/125s at F8.. ISO 400

Andrew Aveley
07-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Great composition and colour here on the epic red dunes of the namib. Not a nit but I wish there were some clouds on the horizon with a vista like this..............;) On composition , maybe consider staring on the lhs from ridge line in bottom lhs so line leads into scene. You did not by chance take one of just this fg dune moving into the distance just under the horizon? More of an abstract but patterns of these dunes are awesome to watch.

TFS

Morkel Erasmus
07-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Love the colour and how the light is hitting those curves!
How sharp is this at high res? It looks as though the distant BG wasn't entirely in focus - easy to do with this lens if you focus too close, even at f22 (and I see you used f8).
Unless you did it on purpose, Vivaldo? :e3

Dave Mills
07-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Vivaldo,beautiful light along with a nice low angle. Compositionally I might have started the dune more to the left in the frame and taken a sliver off the top. I'm not surprised the backround is a bit soft shooting this type of scene at F/8 being so close to the foreground. Shooting this at F/22 everything will be sharp throughout as long as your further than 3 ft from your closest subject and focus about 2/3rds into the scene...

Don Railton
07-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I agree with all of the above...I would have the ridge running from the LHS corner, and larger F stop, smaller ISO... love that colour!

DON

Vivaldo Damilano
07-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks for comments and suggestions:S3: Andrew I took a vertical shot as well. I will have another look at it and see if it works better. Morkel/Dave I used f8 as I left my tripod behind unfortunately, big mistake on my part:w3 Will look at comp later TKS.

Gregor Bergquist
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Beautiful colors and structure. Love it!

TFS, Gregor