PDA

View Full Version : Coral Tides

Don Lacy
07-15-2012, 06:36 PM
I have an image of these dead coral pre visualized in my minds eye but have yet to have all the elements come together at once here the tide is perfect but the sky let me down one day I might get it all to come together and one day I might also post a landscape image thats not taken on the beach:S3:
Since I didn't get the color I wanted from Eos (the Greek Goddess of the Dawn not Canon) I went with a B/W interpretation .

1D MKIII, 17-40 f/4 @ 17mm, 2.5s at f/22, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, Raw, ISO 100, Polarizer, 2 stop Grad ND, Lots of ACR and PS work and I cloned out a coral head from the edge of the frame.

Hilary Hann
07-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Don, I can see where you're going with this and certainly I would continue to experiment with differing light conditions. I like the soft water and I can see how you're trying to get a leading line from the foreground into the water with the coral rocks but I find the central position of the horizon reduces the strength of the composition. Not knowing the location, I don't know if you can change your shooting angle to alter the horizon position. There is a bit too much haloing around the sun for my tastes, but that could be a product of the image size for reposting.

Lots of potential in this despite my comments above. Look forward to seeing it again. :S3:

Vivaldo Damilano
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Great looking image Don, beautiful the B&W converstion, blured water and rocks in the forground TFS.

Andrew Aveley
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Don , I am drawn to this image..like the crop and horizon in the centre. Personal taiste I am sure....slight banding in the sky and maybe a touch more fg contrast?

TFS

Rachel Hollander
07-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Don - I like the comp here but I do miss the beautiful colors of the water and sky that have been in your other images of the area.

TFS,
Rachel