PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Bobolink

Richard Stern
07-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Finally a dull day, after a week of bright, harsh sunlight and sweltering heat! This bird was at Grand Pre, NS this morning.

D7000, 300+1.7TC. Hand-held, so high shutter speed and therefore high ISO. Cropped, NR, minor levels, selective sharpening in LR4 qnd PSE.

1/1250, F/6.7, ISO 1600, pattern metering.

Thanks for looking.

Richard

Karl Egressy
07-15-2012, 02:01 PM
The setting, background and the worms in the beak look fantastic.
Light also looks good.
Dull day worked for you pretty good, Richard.

laurie golden
07-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Beautiful bird and perch. I have been trying for this bird for years and still nothing to be proud of. This one is great. I'm not sure he qualifies for the theme.

Markus Jais
07-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Beautiful shot with great BG and colors. Perch is fantastic. I like the prey in the bill, this really makes this one special.

Markus

dankearl
07-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Richard, this looks very nice.
Very good for the D7000 at Iso1600.
I read your post in ETL the other day about the IQ of your photos.
This looks very nice. I just don't think any photo looks well in bad light and that seems to be the biggest reason.
This light looks soft, nice and it shows in the image quality.

Jeff Dyck
07-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice image Richard - I like the combination of the light green and the white flowers with the Bobolink and the prey items in the bill are a fantastic inclusion. I do find my eye drawn to the orange out of focus item in the lower left corner and would consider cloning it out or at least desaturating it. The high ISO noise is visible in the blacks (which lack feather detail), but do understand you have to play the cards you are dealt!

Carmelo Cannova
07-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Really love these birds. The color of the BG is really appealing and the food in the beak is a nice bonus.

Carmelo

Bill Dix
07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
One of the nicest Bobolink shots I've seen. Wonderful pose, perch and bg. I've never been able to get anywhere close to these guys. I have the same problem of fine-grained noise with my D7000 at high ISO. Less so if I expose to the right, but even then it can be a problem with blacks such as here. Otherwise, this is a fine image.

Frank Schauf
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Beautiful portrait, great details and sharpness.