PDA

View Full Version : Boatail Grackles

Raymond Packard
04-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Pair of Boat tail Grackles Taken at Lakes Park Fla. Nikon D-70s Nikkor 75-300 iso 400 1/250 F8
handheld

James Salywoda
04-19-2008, 09:09 AM
This is a nice shot Raymond most of the time I wouldn't say this because of no eye contact with the camera and the birds are looking away. But this image shows these two singing away and enjoying the moment. I do find the white line to be a bit distracting which could be cloned out. The image is also alittle soft and could use some more sharpening.

Lana Hays
04-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I agree with James. A very nice moment and works just fine without the eye contact. I would definitely try some more sharpening and find a way to remove or at least lessen the white line.

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi Raymond,
I like the composition, the birds are looking away from you; and thats ok because they are busy singing. I took the liberty in making a few modifications to your image. I cropped slightly to the left of the frame and just a tad from the bottom, I kicked up the saturation just a tad, and slightly tweeked up the contrast and gave them a round od sharpening...:D

What do you think???:cool:

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
P.S. Forgot...:D I cloned out the distracting vertical line coming down on the left side of the frame.. I left some traces of the whites near the birds body that I just simply did not want to touch the feathers...:D