PDA

View Full Version : Barred Owl Released

Grady Weed
04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N, Shooting Date/Time 4/19/2008 16:34:27, Shutter Speed 1/80Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F10, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation +2/3, ISO 400, Lens: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, Focal Length: 360.0 mm. Hand held kneeling on ground from 5 feet away.

This bird was released today as he was found fit to go back into the wild after rehabilitation. The Center For Wildlife in York Maine, http://www.yorkcenterforwildlife.org/index.php , handled a huge number of injured owls this winter. I was invited to go to the release and photograph the event. He was rather anxious to get going and the handler had a moderate to difficult time keeping it still for the 5 minutes I needed. Our light was fading fast so I worked fast. It was gone in the short 5 minutes we were there.

I normally do not use filter effects in Photoshop, but I did here to try something different. I have one to share tomorrow or Sunday of just the eyes, beak and the round face. Please leave a comment and your thoughts.

Lana Hays
04-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Grady
I really like this one. The spotlight effect makes this one for me and creates a mood that I like. What a cool reflection in his eyes.....and a wonderful day to send him back to the wild. Well done.

James Salywoda
04-19-2008, 09:10 AM
A nice head shot well executed very pretty Grady.

Cindy Cone
04-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I like the mood of this one a lot! Very nice portrait.