PDA

View Full Version : deep in thought young peregrine

christopher galeski
07-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Took the other week in Yorkshire,the green BG is trees in the bottom of 80mtr drop,the bird is on the edge of a cliff,cannon500mm IS L USM 700MM FL,TRIPOD,7D,F5.6,ISO800,1/160S.CROPPED,SHARPENED,DENOISE.comments good or bad,thankyou.

gail bisson
07-11-2012, 04:23 AM
Hi Chris,
The BG is a killer. I also like the foreground with the 4 little purple flowers and the clean grass.
Beautiful bird.
The eye and beak are tack sharp and I like the little fluffy feathers sticking out of his head.
I have never seen this bird IRL and I know that soft fluffy feathers are difficult to photograph but I wonder if the chest and cheek feathers are slightly OOF? Maybe it is just me and will wait to see if others see what I am seeing.
I would still love to have this shot in my BPN folder!
Gail

PhilCook
07-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I also see the chest/neck feathers are being slightly oof, but I have found these birds to have very soft plumage and often look soft....another excellent example to go with the others of yours in this series....enviable Christopher

Randy Stout
07-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Chris :

Lovely colors, nice 3D feel because of BG isolation, like raised foot.

The bill looks sharp, but the eye actually looks a bit soft to me. I wonder if he was looking around, and at that shutter speed there is a bit of motion blur.

I appreciate the soft feathers being hard to get a sharp image of. Often if you push the sharpening on them, they start to look unnatural.

Have really enjoyed this series.

Cheers

Randy

Rachel Hollander
07-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Nice pose, comp and bg. Agree with above discussion of sharpness though this is still an image I would be happy to have taken.

TFS,
Rachel

Nick Palmieri
07-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Love the composition and the BG is perfect. I see the what the others are talking about on the chest but since it's otherwise sharp likely just the soft feathers..as mentioned. Great image! TFS

thijs broekkamp
07-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Everything is great, execpt that I miss some sharpness on the body of the bird

Jonathan Ashton
07-11-2012, 07:51 AM
It's a lovely shot I like it very much, I think it would be worth checking where the focus point was, the sticky out feathers are pin sharp, the foot and the grass are sharp but the chest and head less so. I have a suspicion however there may be little subject movement.

Sachin Saraf
07-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Chris, this is fantastic capture...Love the 3D feel of the image.. Perch is really beautiful and agree about softness but I guess as Randy said if you push sharpening this might look unreal.

Great image overall.

christopher galeski
07-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks for your comments,they do have soft feathers in the places mentioned,but I have to agree with this one, I think it is a bit of motion blur as well,did not notice till mentioned,thanks,back to the drawing board.:S3:

Stu Bowie
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Chris, good looking youngster, and I like the casual pose. I can feel the drop off the cliff from here. I feel your main sharpness in the image is at the bottom, and the slow ss has caused some motion blur to the head and body. I too have enjoyed you series of these guys. Wish I could have one in my files. :w3

Vivaldo Damilano
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Superb sharpness and love the habitat plus background TFS.

Satish Ranadive
07-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Wonderful image with lovely composition.Everything has been said. Nice 3D effect. Love the bird, colors and BG.

Sidharth Kodikal
07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Excellent bg, comp and overall setting. Great looking juvie too. Agree about the apparent softness, but this indeed has been a great series.

Robert Holguin
07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Very nice shot. Love the raised foot and background. Nice light and great comp.
Well done.