PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Clearwing

Karl Günter Wünsch
07-10-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.my-photohome.de/naturescapes/img_0408-v6f-rt-bp.jpg
Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM @ f/9, ISO 160, 1/30, Tripod. 2012/06/29, Apollo trail, Valwig, Mosel valley, Germany.
Female Firey Clearwing on caterpillar food plant while laying eggs (by simply dropping them onto the soil next to the plant).
As presented this image is heavily edited, it's the full frame but the background was unfortunately unpresentable due to the needed angle towads the insect leading to direct views onto the dark rocky soil beneath the plant which of course turned out to be black. I want your opinion if I have overdone the editing by substituting that part of the background...

Stuart Frohm
07-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Well done in my humble opinion.

Steve Maxson
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi Karl. What a beautiful little moth! You did a very nice job with the background and it looks totally natural - personally I have no problem with this sort of image editing as long as people disclose what they did. :S3: Good overall sharpness on the moth and I like the comp. This is very well done!

Daniel Cadieux
07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Cool! The processing looks very well done. Great colouration on this beautiful insect. I only wish the head was tilted more towards us.

LindaHarden
07-15-2012, 10:08 AM
I think the editing looks good and I really like the color pattern detail and overall sharpness of the moth. There is a slightly lighter streak above the moth that might take attention away from the moth... not sure if it could be smoothed out more.

Jonathan Ashton
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Very good shot, your editing is fine, you have produced a very natural looking image.