PDA

View Full Version : Purple Heron

Alexander Koenders
04-18-2008, 05:00 PM
When he ore she comes bag to the nesting grounds the always make that krakkrakkrak noise, open their mouth en started to make funny flying movements in the sky to let there partner know they are bag. Sounds like Arnold the terminator doesn’t it?:D

Olympus E3, Zuiko ED300 f2.8, Zuiko 2.0 converter.

Alfred Forns
04-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Alexander Love the calling pose I like the slight separation between the head feathers and wing Soft light made for excellent colors and detail Can only wish for a slight more bank but really good as presented I think the signature line takes away from the image?

Leroy Laverman
04-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Good pose on the bird. I think it could use a little local contrast enhancement (I used USM with the settings amount =10 , radius=95, threshold= 0)

Robert O'Toole
04-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Beautiful bird and I love the soft light and sharp eye. The open bill looks great and really makes the image.

Agree with Alfred about the Sig.

Robert

Philip Lombard
04-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Excellent shot, agree with Al

Juan Aragonés
04-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Excellent capture Alexander. Love the terrific pose of this purple. I suggest to rework the sharpening. For small web size presentation I use to apply a stronger USM than I use to apply at a large file for printing in order to keep untouch the sensation of sharpness (the sharpenning perception for the human eye rely on the size of the image or the distance of viewing) I suggest the following values: amount: 160 radius:0,3 treshold: 0. I apply the USM only to the bird and keep the BG free of sharpening using a selective mask to prevent halos. Hope this makes sense :)

Alexander Koenders
04-19-2008, 03:35 AM
Excellent capture Alexander. Love the terrific pose of this purple. I suggest to rework the sharpening. For small web size presentation I use to apply a stronger USM than I use to apply at a large file for printing in order to keep untouch the sensation of sharpness (the sharpenning perception for the human eye rely on the size of the image or the distance of viewing) I suggest the following values: amount: 160 radius:0,3 treshold: 0. I apply the USM only to the bird and keep the BG free of sharpening using a selective mask to prevent halos. Hope this makes sense :)

Ola Juan, I wi'll try this method next time:o;) And how is the wether in Espana esta bien?

Juan Aragonés
04-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Ola Juan, I wi'll try this method next time:o;) And how is the wether in Espana esta bien?

Now is raining! a rare event in the south of Spain, where I live, but is nice to see the rain from time to time ;)