PDA

View Full Version : Ice animal on Svalbard

Andreas Liedmann
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey folks,i just rarely post here due to ,i would call it animal photographer sickness.So i do not much of landscape without animals.
But in this case it will be better posted here,because the guys over in the WILDLIFE forum will not accept an ICE ANIMAL !!!
During one of the landings on my trip to Svalbard i found this iced animal (up to you what you see),myself i saw a kind of camel lying on the ground with melted legs !!!???
So have fun to create your own vision.
Hope you like it , C&C welcome.
Cheers Andreas

EOS 1D Mark IIN
EF 17-40 at 17 mm
HH
Cropped for leveling by 10 %
Processed in PS with blending two exposures.

Norm Dulak
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Kudos to you, Andreas, for this most innovative and unusual posting. But sadly, I just don't see an animal in that piece of ice. Still, there's a lot to like in this image. :S3:

Would you consider cropping out the beast, thereby making a panorama of the mountains, water and that pretty sky?

Norm

Don Railton
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Hello Andreas

I see a head (sort of) but not enough else to call it a Camel with any conviction...But I do agree that the image is nice enough without any ice animals anyway, although maybe the mountains (RHS) could do with a little extra sharpening..

DON

PhilCook
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm still trying to pick out the " Man in the Moon " let alone a Camel in an iceflow lol.....but I do like this anyway, the ice adds nice foreground interest, definitely not something we see in Australia

Robert Amoruso
07-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Andreas,

I like the composition a lot. The ice in the FG left balances with the mounting BG right very well. That also creates a diagonal leading the eye from the FG to the BG.

Nice job blending two exposures. Overall, the image could use some more sharpening - mountains a bit soft as noted above.

Andrew Aveley
07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Well seen and great processing . Robert has some great crit

Andreas Liedmann
07-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks folks,for all your kind words and critiques even if you do not see what i saw in the ice sculpture.Still appreciate all your feedback.

Cheers Andreas