PDA

View Full Version : Peruvian Woman and Child

Norm Dulak
07-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Nikon D7000 w/Nikkor 80-400mm vr lens @ 165mm, hand held
ISO 800; f/9.0, 1/250 sec
PP: PS CS5 crop, levels, sharpen

The people living along the Amazon River in Peru are as interesting as the flora and fauna. Young women are beautiful, and character is etched into the faces of the elderly.

The wife of the mayor of the village of Nuevo York is shown with a child in this image.

Norm

Don Railton
07-10-2012, 11:22 PM
This is a nicely lit portrait Norm, and you have captured it well. I like the inclusion of the RHS vertical timber that appears to have been created with a chain saw... It speaks volumes about this woman's habitat.

DON

Anita Bower
07-11-2012, 07:38 AM
What a nice portrait. Well composed and framed. You captured the resigned look I saw in the faces of so many women. Thanks for directing me to this photo.

Robert Amoruso
07-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Norm,

I like the framing the porch structure (I assume a porch) creates. I agree the faces are expressive - I feel if the child was looking at you too it would be more powerful.

My preference would be for the child's right foot not to be clipped and the left toe no at the image's edge. You could crop the bottom tighter to alleviate that.

Norm Dulak
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone. While I seldom do portraits of people, I thought this one was interesting.