PDA

View Full Version : BLACK NAPED HARE

RakeshDhareshwar
07-10-2012, 06:15 AM
This hare was very brave ...or very naive trusting its camoflague too much . Just did not move , even with the safari jeep so near . Liked the way the light was against the subject ...helped accectuate the details in its ear .

Camera : Canon 1D MK III
Lens : Canon 600 mm f4 IS
Aperture : f 8
Shutters : 1/250 s
Speed : ISO 1000

Cheers ,
Rakesh

Rachel Hollander
07-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Rakesh - interesting image and for me it works. Great detail in the ears and the visible eye really adds to it. Nice thinking in the field.

TFS,
Rachel

Vivaldo Damilano
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Super IQ and detail. I like the different and interesting comp TFS.

Steve Kaluski
07-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi Rakesh, a very bold and different approach to photographing this animal. The ears really do provide an excellent source of material to photograph and you have captured it well, with the veins feathering out conveying a leaf like look. Not sure if the sharpening is slightly clashing with the hi ISO, might ease off it was me just to see, especially the eye. I think if you were careful you could tone down the two grass stems poking up by the eye, but personal choice. Also look at the making, as there are a few areas around the right ear that have bled into the BKG, easily fixed.

Great to see a different approach to this animal, nice vision.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
07-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Interesting unusual view of a often photographed animal,good detail and colors.comp work well ,too.
Agree with Steve about the sharpening artifacts and the grass blades .
TFS Andreas

dankearl
07-10-2012, 08:03 PM
It is a unique look, I agree about the sharpening, but I like the concept a lot.

Morkel Erasmus
07-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Some good points raised on how to improve the presentation here, Rakesh...the sharpening caught my eye immediately.
Nice vision, great thinking in the field...love the details and the fact that the eye is visible.

laurie golden
07-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I love your hare photo. It is so nice to see something unusual and you did a fantastic job of getting all of the detail in those ears.

Marina Scarr
07-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Love this perspective!!! Once you're dealt with the noise, you have a very unique capture. Love the fact that you can see the one eye, the whiskers and the veins in the ears.