PDA

View Full Version : Above Upper Falls, Hocking Hills Ohio

Scott A. Flaherty
04-18-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.clanoflaherty.com/externallink/SAF_20070325_064912PA.jpg
Copyright © 2007, Scott A. Flaherty. All Rights Reserved.
Use of this image without my expressed, written consent is strictly prohibited.

(Above Upper Falls, Hocking Hills, Ohio)
Nikon D200, Nikkor AF-S 12-24mm f/4, 2 secs, f/11, 24mm (EF 36mm), Manual Exposure / Multi Pattern Meter, ISO 100, WB Cloudy, CP

This is a spot many people miss when visiting Old Man's Cave in Hocking Hills Ohio. It is located just upstream from Upper Falls.

George DeCamp
04-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Scott!

A beautiful image and really well done technically.

A small nit for me is the trees. I am not sure I like them cut where they are cut. I wonder how it would look with no trees or with it up to the tree tops.I really think that is a nit because I really do love the image, just thinking out loud here.

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Scott,
Welcome to the forums! I really like this overall. I have a couple of questions for you to maybe help improve this next time. Can you get down lower??? The reason I ask is that if you could........you might be able to get rid of the distracting branches from the upper right........that protrude into the upper cascade and minimize the BG even more. Still........all in all a very nice waterfall scene!
Roman

John Cooper
04-20-2008, 03:09 AM
This is a very appealing waterfall capture Scott. The diagonal composition of the cascading water leads the eye into the image. Good exposure and detail - I quite like it as is!!

Bob Ettinger
04-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Nicely done, the soft colors, the tiers and the smooth water all work together.

Robert Amoruso
04-20-2008, 09:38 AM
A well thought out image Scott expertly created. The trees are OK with me. including more would increase the dynamic range of the image (more sky) introducing other issues. The soft light is very appealing in the image and not having a bright BG sky coming through the trees is the right choice and one I would make here. Well done.