PDA

View Full Version : I'll take it from here Mom

Gen Benjamin
07-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Nikon D4 200-400 w/1.4x ISO 1000 3200/11
This little guy was lightning fast eating the fish the parent brought to him/her, one second and they were gone.
Wish for more room on right but couldn't zoom out fast enoughh.

Tom Redd
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Gen, it looks like the little guy just slammed on the brakes with the sand flying. Very fun capture. TFS

gail bisson
07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Great behavior shown here. I too, like the flying sand. And the fish in the mouth is great as well. Good timing!
Did you add the catchlight?
There seems to be a green line running across the body of the chick- I think it may be an OOF grass blade in front of the chick? I don't know how you could fix that in PP but perhaps someone will chime in.
If you are not against cloning I would get rid of the OOF blob X 2 above the chicks head.
TFS
gail

PhilCook
07-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Nice interaction, and the fish is a bonus, but I think possibly there is an oof blade of grass in front of the chick just showing through as a greenish smudge

Rachel Hollander
07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Great action and the fish take it to another level. Like the flying sand too and the comp. There seems to be a blue cast in the darker parts of the adult but nobody else has mentioned it. so may be time to recalibrate my monitor.

TFS,
Rachel

Gen Benjamin
07-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I did not add the catch light, I did how ever lighten the eye a bit. As far as the greenish tinge that's exactly what it is.
thanks for coments
Gen

Joe Senzatimore
07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Comments made seem valid. That aside , it's still a fantastic image. Not easy to capture as they are sooooo fast.:cheers:

Wynand van Wyk
07-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Ditto on already mentioned cast. Love the interaction captured here and the detail on the subject! Lovely background as well.

Very well done.

Daniel Cadieux
07-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Very intimate view of the feeding behaviour, and I like the kicked-up sand. The catchlight on the chick does indeed look odd...I would have thought it would have been in a different spot judging from the light angle (and parent catchlight's position within the eye). Anyhow, I'm Gail as for eliminating the two blobs over the chick's head, and the green smudge can be taken care of by selecting it (quick mask is an option) and playing with Color Balance and/or Selective Color until all matches up. It may take a few experiments but should be doable.

Randy Stout
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Gen:

Fun interaction, fish a plus.

I took a second to work on the green color cast. See what you think. Not a perfect match, but I think it is a bit better.

Cheers

Randy

I see Daniel was typing at the same time, just got his posted quicker.:S3:

Gen Benjamin
07-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi all, first thanks so much for the comments I really appreciate them, they help make me a better photographer. The comments about the catch light started to bother me a bit as i didn't remeber adding it, but it did seem to be in an odd place especially in relationship to the parent. I pulled up my psd and my nef and apparently I did add the catch light. My apologies, was not tring to slip one by just didn't and honestly still don't remember adding it. Thanks again to all who commented
Genevieve