PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian Clown

Bruce Enns
04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Taken on the reefs off Wakatobi dive resort in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Canon Rebel XT, Canon 60mm macro, dual strobes.

Any comments or critiques are most welcome and appreciated.

Cheers!
Bruce

Van Hilliard
04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I love these fish and the way they nestle in the anemones. Gorgeous interplay of color opposites.

George DeCamp
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Way to go Bruce, love the way it is peeping out of the anemones. Good job with the lighting as well!!

Alfred Forns
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Love it Bruce !!!! Not blowing the whites is an accomplishment with those guys !!!! Great colors, no backscatter and all very sharp Only wish you could have framed the entire fish !!! Big Congrats !!!!

Steve Canuel
04-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Very nice 3-D look with excellent colors, detail, and textures. Great image.
Steve

Bruce Enns
04-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks very much everyone. These little fish are always a lot of fun to photograph, and are certainly among my favourite underwater subjects for their variety and the variety of colours and shapes of the anemones they live in and around.

Cheers!
Bruce

Pat Pasquale
04-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Very nice Bruce, this is the --- false clownfish amphiprio ocellaris, if the whites were trimmed with Black markings, we'd have the true clown fish! I can spend total dives shooting these subjects. it is tough to get the whole fish the way they move within the anemone so much, I like the room infront.
I've been to Wakatobi 3x, almost like a a landbased liveaboard. :)
might be the same fish ?
http://www.ppfotos.com/data/images/gallery_images/user_id_13/_MG_2089.xl.jpg

Maxis Gamez
04-19-2008, 09:03 AM
NEEEMMMOOO!! :)

Love the cartoon BTW.

Second post does not work for me. You did well with the composition, colors and details on the first post. Keep them coming!

Milo Burcham
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Beautiful colors and setting. Only things that might improve are more room for tail and a better catchlight.

Bruce Enns
04-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks very much again for your comments and critique. 3x Pat! That's a long way to go from New York! Maybe it is the same fish...second green anemone from the corner...lol
Bruce

Pat Pasquale
04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks very much again for your comments and critique. 3x Pat! That's a long way to go from New York! Maybe it is the same fish...second green anemone from the corner...lol
Bruce

Bruce, you make me smile. On the house reef, in the 2nd cutout (facing the resort, our right) under where they lock up the boats. Yes far far away from NYC, not to long ago I went even further east to Ambon, wooooo, put that on your 'to do' list. No more big long trips for a while.
do you have a site with your trip pics?

Axel Hildebrandt
04-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Great setting, details and colors. It would be interesting to see a wider crop.

Bruce Enns
04-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Axel, Although lots of my u/w stuff gets cropped substantially, in this case there is no more to show from the original. It would have been nice to include more to the left in the original framing of the shot, but it would have been anemone and not fish...

No site yet Pat...I will probably post more here and in the macro forum, in fact there is one there now...

Cheers!
Bruce

Alfred Forns
04-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey Pat Where have you been !!!!! A big treat having you here !!!!!!! Big Red Carpet Welcome !!!:cool:

Chris Dodds
04-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Wow, love the color and feel of this image. Very dimensional with a great 3-D feel. Superb!