PDA

View Full Version : Iris

Anita Bower
07-08-2012, 05:02 AM
These short Irises were growing in a meadow by the ocean in Maine.
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, handheld, f4, 1/500 sec., ISO 200, manual exposure. Processed in Elements 10: rotate, crop, clone, Color Effex Pro Color Filter, Viveza.
C & C appreciated.

Bob Miller
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Anita.....This is a very nice soft focus image > Your bg looks nice and clean. You might consider cropping from the left a bit and just a sliver off the bottom

Ken Kovak
07-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Love the clean background and the beautiful blue color of the flower. I do find the relative brightness of the bg compared to the flower somewhat distracting. As such I might have tried a vertical (portrait) crop to eliminate some of the bg and move focus ionto the flower itself.

Ken

Anita Bower
07-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I wondered about cropping some off the bottom. I could also crop a lot off the left and make it a vertical. Will try it and see what I think.

Steve Maxson
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Anita. Nice to see you back here again. Very nice sharpness within your DOF and I like the slight diagonal of the stem. The water drops also add interest. The blues and yellows work very well together and while the bright background may not be to everyone's taste, it's working for me. I like the comp as presented, but a vertical would make a nice alternative. Very well done!

Anita Bower
07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Anita. Nice to see you back here again. Very nice sharpness within your DOF and I like the slight diagonal of the stem. The water drops also add interest. The blues and yellows work very well together and while the bright background may not be to everyone's taste, it's working for me. I like the comp as presented, but a vertical would make a nice alternative. Very well done!
Thank you, Steve! I miss this forum, but don't post often because I use textures so often, which causes me to hang out at the OOTB forum. I'm glad you like this presentation. I appreciate your comments.