PDA

View Full Version : South Perth Sunrise...

Don Railton
07-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Hi Guys

I took the following Pano stitch of my home city about 2 weeks ago. It was pre dawn, I was standing around in 2.2 degrees C waiting for the light and my fingers got so cold I had difficulty pushiing the remore shutter release when the time come... It's my first Cityscape forwarded for critic and I am considering entering it into a local competition and would appreciate any comment.

Details
1D4 & 24 to 70 F2.8 L at 50mm
ISO 100
Manual mode, shutter 30 sec @ F9
tripod & remote release
Its a stitch done in PS4 of about 6 images, a bit of straightening and leveling but not much else...

Don Railton
07-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Oops.. wrong button.. forgot to add the image:e3

Morkel Erasmus
07-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm no expert in cityscapes, Don, mostly because we don't have attractive cities here to shoot (well, perhaps Cape Town...but that's far away from me in any case).
I do like what you did here. Great lighting and mood, pano crop suits it well, and good use of the leading line upfront. The stars twinkling through are a nice touch. I say: "Enter it!"

Don Railton
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks Morkel.. Just think I might do that...

DON

Jerry van Dijk
07-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Very nice done, I wouldn't hesitate entering it in the competition. The leading line of the quay in front makes a strong composition and the colors are just lovely. I'd try the recovery slider in ACR (or S/H adjustment in CS) to see if you can bring down those blown highlights below the big building on the left.
Good to see what's awaiting me, I'm flying in on Saturday...

Hilary Hann
07-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Nice view of Perth and I like the fact that the pier doesn't break the horizon. I would enter it, however, having said that, if it is a local competition the judges may be very familiar with the skyline and so it won't be as new and different as it is to many of us here. But I like it very much.

Jay Gould
07-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Don, it is lovely; nothing ventured nothing gained. Enter it!

Robert Amoruso
07-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Don,

Well done for the reasons mentioned above. I like the fact the structure on right does not intersect the horizon line of the reflection.

Don Railton
07-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi guys

Thank you all for the encouragement. Will let you know how I go ...

DON

Andrew Aveley
07-12-2012, 12:47 PM
A well balanced image with creative compositional elements. !