PDA

View Full Version : Portland Breakwater Lighthouse

Grady Weed
04-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time 1/1/2007 07:50:01, Shutter Speed 1/40Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F8.0, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation 0, ISO 400, Lens: EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Focal Length: 33.0 mm. Hand held from truck window. COLD!

This was a very cold grey wintry day. So I wanted to make an image showing that. This lighthouse only has 1 good side and your locking at it. The ship sort of merging into the landscape is my only regret. I like the triangle pattern with the 2 benches, boat and lighthouse.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Michael Pancier
04-18-2008, 12:19 PM
with all these pics, I may just have to head out to Maine this fall ..... been too long since my last trip. perfect for B&W

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Grady,
You've got me psyched to go there in the winter. I boosted the sky contrast and used some of the local contrast enhancement overall. This was just to give you some options. Still debating getting rid of the boat. Very nice angles. Keep em' coming! Roman

Alfred Forns
04-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Glad you mention the boat Roman !!! When looking at the image I thought it had to go I like the strong triangle formed by the benches and lighthouse Also like the careful framing !!!

Repost really looks excellent Density changes made a big different Fro Sky tones you can select a and darken a bit then re select a smaller area and repeat but feather by 75 pixels !!! Could so same for another smaller area fathering 50 to 70 Try it !!! Excellent image !!!!

Robert Amoruso
04-20-2008, 09:34 AM
I like the triangle too and would have liked to see this as a pano with the terminus of the angle at left. As far as the boat goes, if it was to the left of the point of land in the BG it would work better.

Roman's tweak on the contrast did the image well. Overall, a very well thought out composition.