Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
Image Quality RAW
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Daylight
AF Mode AI Servo AF
Color Space Adobe RGB

At last I had a rain free day! I was forced to adopt different tactics because the lawn around the pond was waterlogged. Luckily I had a piece of fencing panel that I lay on the ground - like a lilo and I placed a bean bag at the front, this enabled me to get within a couple of inches of water level. This is the first time I had azures visiting and ovipositing so hopefully some will emerge from exuvia next year.
My euphoria at the fine weather was short lived, today is Friday and we are due an entire month's rainfall today, and looking outside I can beleive it - maybe I have to get one of those floating hides before too long!
All C & C welcome.

LindaHarden
07-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I really like this one. The reflection is what makes it work for me..... The colors of the damselflies and the symmetry of the reflection.

Allen Sparks
07-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi Jonathan, nice action capture with an interesting reflection as Linda said. Sharpness is good except the head of the male seems a little soft. Overall a strong behavioral image. nice work!

Jonathan Ashton
07-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the comments, I agree the head on the male is a little OOF I took a number or shots and when his head was in focus the reflection wasn't!! I'll just have to try harder!

Steve Maxson
07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi Jonathan. A very cool behavior image! Nice light and comp and the full reflection is an added bonus. The low shooting angle really helps to make this image work. Too bad about the softness of the male's head - had it been sharp this otherwise strong image would be over the top! :S3:

Jason Stander
07-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Great shot J... excellent angle and refection... love the interaction... a difficult shot handled well... nits covered... VWD!:w3