PDA

View Full Version : American Oystercatcher

Sanjeevprakash
07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
This was taken at Nickerson Beach few days back. I happened to spot the Oystercatcher couple checking out the Oyster shell.
Histogram Checked,Sharpening & Noise reduction done, and Highlight adjusted. Cropped from the left and top of the canvas.

Nikon D300s, 300mm f 2.8 + TC 14e , ISO 200, 1/5000s , @ f/ 4 , Manual Exposure, Cropped around 30%

http://yorkerinn.smugmug.com/Other/Birds/i-3vHF9CP/0/XL/DSC9693-2filtered-XL.jpg

Randy Stout
07-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Sanjeev:

A big welcome to BPN. A great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

Your birds are sharp, well exposed, interesting action, like that the left bird is watching the action.

I would consider cropping up from the bottom just enough to eliminate the shell in lower right hand corner.

The rafts of bubbles make for a bit messy water surface, so a bit distracting. Not anything you could do about it, just something to be aware of for future.

Look forward to more images.

Cheers

Randy

Sanjeevprakash
07-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Thank you very much Randy. I highly appreciate your comments and Feedback. To be honest , I did not even notice that OOF shell. Thanks for pointing it out and your suggestion is well thought of.

christopher galeski
07-05-2012, 02:19 AM
nice image,like the action,agree on cropping from bottom,nice light,and good detail.thanks.

jack williamson
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Excellent suggestions by Randy. The birds are sharp and well exposed and I love the look on the face of the one on the left.

Jack