PDA

View Full Version : Just Me and My Bro

Steve Large
07-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi Everyone,
Thought you all might enjoy this shot taken in a local park here in Nanaimo B.C. These immature Barred Owls are waiting for one of the parents to bring back some supper. Barred owls are really amazing fishermen and catch crayfish for their babies most of the time in the park.

Stats: EOS-1 D Mark4, ISO-800, 500mm, F/4, 1/30 sec

Tale care and good light,

Steve

dankearl
07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Beautiful Owlets and a great perch. if you have the room, I would crop off the right side to get rid of the bright sky and
have more room above.
Very cool as is though, a very nice opportunity.

Marina Scarr
07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
You did well handling the steep angle, and you have acquired nice details and colors on these owlets!!! Great natural look to them without flash. The perch is awesome and I like that you left some of the branch on the left side. I agree about taking some off of the right and adding some on the top. The picture looks too long to me.

Lyle Gruby
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Very nice, I always love seeing owls! Can't believe they held still at 1/30. Only thing I would do is darken that R side just a little.

PhilCook
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
As said crop out the bit of bright sky and i would also suggest toning back the greens a little as the birds themselves seem to have a slight green colour tone as well...unless they actually are greenish. Aside from that, I love this, I am so envious of all the Owl images I see on this forum when I've rarely ever even seen any sighhhh.

christopher galeski
07-04-2012, 02:06 AM
loverly image,love that perch,nice pose and detail,have to agree with everybody about croping the bright sky on the right.thanks.

Satish Ranadive
07-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Very sweet image of cute ones.Fabulous frame.

jack williamson
07-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Good suggestions by the others. Excellent perch and poses by the owls. The wings look a little sharper than the faces to me, well done.

Jack

Daniel Cadieux
07-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I would not crop out the bright spot at top edge. I love the outlined leaves in there so instead I would fill in some green via clone stamp at 20-50% (you'll need to experiment a bit to see which opacity works best)...just enough to add greenery and still see those cool leaves. Glad both are relatively sharp as you had no SS to stop down! :-)

Steve Large
07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
Something going wrong with the "reply" and "reply with quotes" buttons. They just sit and spin for me when I try to reply to you. Here's hoping this works. Just wanted to thank everyone for your comments and will keep trying to post the remake of the original photo.

Steve

Steve Large
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Sorry for the delay. Here is the remake.

Hope you like it,

Steve