Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Daylight
AF Mode AI Servo AF
Color Space Adobe RGB

I took this shot at the end of May, as you might guess by the garden pond. One of my favourite local ponds is inaccessible the water is so deep - never seen it like this before. I am beginning to get withdrawal symptoms now, we have had rain for most of last week and it is forecast for most of this week, it is absolutely disastrous for the insects, there is very little to be seen.

All C & C welcome.

Ed Cordes
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Super detail and nice graphic quality to the comp.

Bob Miller
07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Jon....Another beauty....nice sharpness and I like the ziz zag lines of the df playing against the straight lines of the reeds

PhilCook
07-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Bob pretty much says it for me, looks to me like they are displayin the ol' Zorro signiture lol Great shot and wonderfully sharp and detailed

Jonathan Ashton
07-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Glad you liked it guys and thanks for the comments.

Steve Maxson
07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi Jonathan. What can I say - this is outstanding! Excellent light, comp, sharpness, and background. :cheers:

Stu Bowie
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi Jon, I like your comp, and good choice of aperture to get both in the DOF range. Excellent detail, both sharp, and I like how the blades of grass/reeds on the right, follow the same line as the perch.

You must be getting fed up with all your rain. :w3

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks very much Steve, glad you liked it.
Stu yes we actually had a fine day today and as you might guess I was by the pond pretty pronto, I will be posting tomorrow ...because yes it's going to rain. The back garden is water logged now and I have never seen the pond so full.
I will also be keeping an eye open for the barn owl when I walk Barney - if there is a short bright spell they will be out hunting.

Jason Stander
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Outstanding shot J... excellent detail and angle against a wonderful bg... super work... VWD!:w3