PDA

View Full Version : My First Post - Juvenile Piping Plover

Maya Raut
07-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I was forum participant for some time but this is first post as a member :S3:

This was taken at last light at high tide. I have lot of other poses but really liked this one. I wish tail was sharper but I liked the slight blur showing motion.

Looking forward to learn and improve my photography with the help of you all.

Hope you all like this. C&C welcome.

EXIF - Canon 7D | 700mm | f7.1 | 1/2000 | ISO 320

PhilCook
07-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Seriously sweet shot Maya, and seriously cute bird, the colors especially the golden light are lovely. Looking extra good with the water droplets. Not really anything I can suggest to improve, it's really very nice, but perhaps[ the oof rock could be cloned out on the right hand edge...but no biggie.

Nick Palmieri
07-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Love the light. the blurred tail does not bother me because of the water drops. I think if it were mine I would clone out the rock on the right and tone down the brighter wave/or rocks in the BG. TFS

Rachel Hollander
07-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Beautiful light with nice detail and low pov. Well done. There is a slight halo around the bill.

TFS,
Rachel

Melissa Groo
07-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Wonderful, sweet image, Maya, to mark the start of your membership. And welcome! You will learn tons here. This is awesome light you have here, and great action captured. I don't mind the blurred tail either. I see the slight halo Rachel mentions. I really like your low angle and the flying water droplets.

Sidharth Kodikal
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Very cute bird, nice exposure and good details. Nice action capture in good light.
Welcome aboard and looking forward to more.

Stu Bowie
07-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Maya, welcome to the membership club, and you are in the right place to grow and learn along the way. I like the bathing behaviour with the curled tail and flying droplets, and your low angle has worked out well. Colours look good, and the plover stands out well against the dark blue water. The OOF rocks above the plover are a touch distracting. When framing your subject, always be aware of 'distracting' objects in your BG's. Moving left or right sometimes gets them out your frame to create a 'cleaner' BG.

Maya Raut
07-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks everyone for kind words. I will try and clone the OOF rock in BG.
Rachel/ Melissa ,
Not sure about the halo you mentioned above, I don't see it in large version which you can see here (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8027/7484204540_315cd3f52c_k.jpg). (Please click on image to magnify it once you open it.)

arash_hazeghi
07-02-2012, 10:39 PM
welcome to BPN and great first post. I like the light, details and warm tones. well done

Melissa Groo
07-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Maya, when I look at your large file, I do not see that halo at all. All looks good.

Daniel Cadieux
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Maya, I am glad you have started posting images...it adds to the fun of participating on BPN!! Great photo with beautiful light. I too am OK with the softer tail...what needs to be sharp is. I'd have preferred the little cutie a bit higher in the frame. Well done, and especially keep them coming!!

Maya Raut
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Not sure how many of you will come back to check this out but I tried to clone out distracting BG elements and adjusted curves.. here is the updated version.

I'd have preferred the little cutie a bit higher in the frame.

Daniel - Even I wanted to compose it like that but FG is way too distracting to include it in the image.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and kind words.