PDA

View Full Version : Antelope Buck

Andrew Merwin
07-01-2012, 04:13 PM
mark iv, iso 400, f/5.6, 1/320, 100-400@400, +.67 ev, HH, nearly FF. There is no canvas on the right. I cropped a bit from the left & top for somewhat better composition. I imaged him within a hour of sunrise.

Steve Kaluski
07-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi Andrew, nice to see you posting here, good to see a familiar subject photographed by another person. :w3 Hope Steve C can add some pointers too.

I like the pose & comp, but the rock in the BKG isn't great, could you have moved slightly to your left to avoid it? If you can, selectively ease of on the black in the eye, horn and marking on the neck then this will certainly help IMHO. Hope to see more soon.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
07-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Nice one Andrew - I like the vibrant greens in the grass around it.
Steve has a valid point about the blacks - caught my eye immediately...

Rachel Hollander
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi Andrew - I like the pose and the vertical comp. Whites on the side look a little hot and good points by Steve and Morkel above.

TFS,
Rachel

Mark Wiseman
07-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Hi Andrew,
I like the composition of your image. As mentioned by Steve, I agree on the distraction of the rock in the background and the blacks which need to be toned down.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Andrew,
like the composition and the colors.Agree with the others about the blacks and the whites.I think this could be fixed.
Cheers Andreas

Steve Canuel
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Actually don't mind the rock in the BG. It's blurred out enough at the merger point near the ear to be a non issue and adds to the habitat for me. Looks like the light of a cool, clear high country morning. The similarity of color had me playing with this one as a B/W (with a bit of warming filter) and I actually preferred the look of that to the color version.