PDA

View Full Version : Theme Black and White

Neil Nourse
07-01-2012, 08:44 AM
It's been a while since I have posted, but I have been looking at all the great shots on here almost daily!
Black and White warbler taken in mid May.
Converted in DPP,Edited in PS CS4 Right side BKGND had a large bright spot so I used a Quick Mask from the left side to replace it. BKGND noise reduction and smart sharpen.
1D3, 700mm, ISO 1000, f/6.3, 1/200, fill flash, Natural perch but audio attracted.
Comments welcomed and TFL....

Joe Senzatimore
07-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Nice vertical image. good details and composition. Perch could be toned down just a bit. Whites seem just a little hot as well.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
07-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Great looking back pose, very good sharpness and use of flash. I can still make out details in the white but toning it down just a little bit might be nice. Agree about toning down the perch so the attention would go more toward the bird, wish the perch was smaller too but it's nature.

Sidharth Kodikal
07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
One of my favorite warblers. Love the look back pose, the comp and the sharpness. bg is very nice too.
I'm reposting with a couple minor tweaks, hope you don't mind.
I reduced highlights using Shadows and Highlights and added 5 points of black to white. What do you think.

PS: my repost shows some artifacts in the bg which would happen if I'd started with a raw/tiff.

Stu Bowie
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Neil, lovely pose, and you have a perfect subject for the theme. Overall, nice and sharp, good use of flash, and I like what Sid has done in the repost.

Grace Scalzo
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
My thought before reading other posts what that whites needed toned down and blacks needed to be blacker. Sid has accomplished both, and I think you've got a real sweet image here. Good to see you back.