PDA

View Full Version : Northern barred Woodcreeper

Richard Unsworth
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
:w3

Puerto Viejo Costa Rica, November

One of a series taken at an Ant Swarm which is known to associate with, common in the lowland forests and gardens (lol)

7D 100-400 @ 400 f 5.6 1/160 HH, Ev +.33 ISO 800
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sidharth Kodikal
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Gorgeous bird, nice pose and sharpness. I'd crop a bit from the right. Wish the leaf in the LLC wasn't there.

Richard Unsworth
06-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi Sid

yeah that leaf is weird it should have fallen off!:t3
thanks for comment, thought about that crop
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Michael Rominger Jr
06-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Good work HH Richard! Interesting looking bird! Shame about the leaf as mentioned but we take what we can get sometimes and I know I would take it. Like the BG and overall colors. Sharpness looks good too. I'm ok with the space to the right but I possibly would take a touch of the bottom if it were mine.

Daniel Cadieux
06-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Beautiful image overall...love the pose!! Bummer about the leaf, that is just bad luck. Lovely BG, I would just tone down the brighter area at bottom. I'd also crop some left to hide the vertical reddish stem (and a bit at right to give it a 3:2 ratio). Awesome IQ Richard, well done!

Lorant Voros
06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
What a bird and what a pose. IQ is amazing. Indeed bummer for the leaf and agree about the cropping suggestions.

christopher galeski
07-01-2012, 03:12 AM
agree on sugestions all ready mentioned,but a very nice image.well done.

Richard Unsworth
07-01-2012, 04:48 AM
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">OK

Thanks all

cropped as suggested, hope not too tight and toned down bg lower a little

let me know