PDA

View Full Version : Broad bodied chaser (male)

Jonathan Ashton
06-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Tripod, Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 -0.31/100 sec f11

This is a male broad bodied chaser that visited my garden pond. This time I did not get a chance to use the cable release and MLU, it was breezy and he didn't stay for long.
All C & C welcome

PhilCook
06-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Focus and detail is spot on, a little bright on it's tail topside maybe, I think the extra reeds compete a bit for attention, but at the same time a nice natural composition..maybe crop a bit off the bottom { personal tastes }

Allen Sparks
06-30-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi Jonathan, Nice focus on the bug and I like the overall composition. Agree with Phil that the abdomen appears a bit bright. The reeds don't bother too much but they do compete with the nice diagonal flow of the perch. A nice image overall.

Allen

Steve Maxson
07-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Jonathan. I like this one a lot! The pose, sharpness, and comp are first rate and I like the diagonal flow of all the elements in the image. For me, the green leaves add a feel for the habitat. I'm not familiar with this species so I can't comment on whether the top of the abdomen is too bright - it would be a simple matter to selectively darken it if you wish. Very well done! :cheers:

Jonathan Ashton
07-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the C&C, I understand your concern, the abdomen is indeed bright, I was very careful not to overexpose it, as presented it is in fact less bright than it really was.