PDA

View Full Version : Winter on the Waterville Plataeu #2

Dan Brown
04-17-2008, 10:20 PM
This is another capture made on the Waterville Plataeu, WA. Jan. 08. Nikon D200, 24-120mm, f16, 1/200sec, ISO 140, exp comp +1. Another real cool image!

Dan Brown
Sacramento CA
<!-- / message -->

David Kennedy
04-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Dan,
I really like the sweeping feel of this monochromatic (yet not black & white) image. Partly because I'm a sucker for color scenes that just "turn" b&w. I've circled three little blips that interrupt the flow of the image. Either slight cropping or, better yet, cloning to eliminate them would benefit the image greatly as they're small, but they're just big enough to hold the image back. If you had to do it again, the only thing I might ask for is a touch more foreground. Well done and thank for sharing!

Robert Amoruso
04-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Dan,

First thing that I saw that I like about the image is the flow from left to right - the arcing curve in the FG and the horizon in the BG. I agree with David on the edge recommendations. One other thing I would recommend was to have moved right and separated the large mound in the left FG from the ones behind. Are those hay bails?

The light quality is excellent and I like the sidelight that accentuates the shapes in the snow. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Fix the details David pointed out.........and I really like this one! You could get rid of the merge RA recommended too if you like..........but I don't find that as distracting.
Roman

Dan Brown
04-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi guys. I did my best to follow your recommendations. I was able to add some foreground, seperate the giant rocks (erratics, I think they are called) and of course, clone out the edge problems. I started from the original NEF, so the contrast and brightness may be a little different. It appears to be a big improvement to me. Thanks for the help. Dan