PDA

View Full Version : Blue-faced Honeyeater , Queensland.

Peter Scholer
06-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Blue-faced Honeyeater , Narrowneck, Gold Coast, Queensland.

While I was photographing the blue wrens this honeyeater appeared on a tall branch nearby.
The blue sky background with the bird was to hard to let pass. So I repositioned the tripod with the sun behind and used a high aperture to get the whole bird in focus.
In the past my shots of this species have had distracting backgrounds of branches, twigs and leaves that have been so close, a narrow aperture could not save the day!

Nikon D7000 with Nikon 600mm VR and Nikon TC-14E
Tripod
ISO: 500
Aperture: 10
Shutter: 1/1250
Exp. Comp.: -0.7

PhilCook
06-29-2012, 03:39 AM
These birds can be such clowns I have found....nice subject isolation Peter and looks evenly sharp, a tad flat looking maybe, I'm thinking this may of been late afternoon light ? Not sure about the crop, but it's realy personal tastes, but I wonder if a small amount off the top would be nicer.

Joe Senzatimore
06-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Beautiful species captured in fine details. Good call on the f stop. Would like to see this as a vertical.

Karl Egressy
06-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Striking bird, well photographed. The branch has a blue cast and the blue sky looks oversaturated.
Having said that, I have no idea as to the colour of the sky in Australia, so it might as well be the right colour.

Rachel Hollander
06-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Good call on dof and nice details and sharpness. Congrats on getting the clean bg.

TFS,
Rachel

jack williamson
06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Very nice exposure and detail. Looks real good against the clean blue sky. I really like the colors on this bird.

Jack

PhilCook
06-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I would just like to add the blue sky color is normal for Australia...lots of wide open space and little pollution as a result of a relatively small populous