PDA

View Full Version : Hey , Is Anybody in There?????

Joe Senzatimore
06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
From a fine evening with good friends photographing the local shorebird nesting colony. This egg seemed to belong to the 2 adult Oystercatchers but they weren't sitting on it as it probably was not viable. They did have 2 very small chicks that did hatch , and one kept coming to the egg as if to pursuade it's sibling to come out. Sad to say ,it's not to be. But the 2 chicks that did hatch seem to be well cared for. Great fun to watch.

800ISO f8 at 1/1000th
600 f4 with 1.4 TC

Jeff Sorbie
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Love the colors Joe. Nice and sharp and the interaction between the bird and egg is great....This brings up the old question...Which Came First?

Michael Rominger Jr
06-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Nice image with some unique action Joe! Chick is nice and sharp and stands out well from the creamy smooth BG. Have you done some selective blurring in the foreground or was there something in the forground between you and the chick? On my monitor there appears to be some splotches of sharp and blurred foreground intermingled especially just in front of the egg.

Bill Dix
06-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Wonderful image. Great pose, nice light, and I love the placement of chick and egg in the frame. The blurred FG areas are a bit strange.

Arthur Morris
06-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Cute and interesting. Sharp with a good exposure. Yes to the smudging in front of the chick. Lots of un-needed empty space above the little guy.

Marina Scarr
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
The behavior captured here is awesome. This was a very special moment indeed! The blotches in the FG are an issue. I notice a catchlight in the back corner of the eye. The eye looks pretty dark to me. If this were my image, I would consider enlarging the catchlight which is already visible to give it a little more life.

Quite I believe you were attempting to go for a unique crop here, I am not feeling the vertical crop and I don't feel as though it is properly showcasing this amazing behavior and that cuteness factor. This is a wonderful capture which can be brought to another level with some work.

christopher galeski
06-29-2012, 02:40 AM
nice image,like the soft lighting,nice pose,I too can see some smudging in front of the chick,agree on too much space above.thanks.

Joe Senzatimore
06-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Cute and interesting. Sharp with a good exposure. Yes to the smudging in front of the chick. Lots of un-needed empty space above the little guy.

I left room for the magazine name and other text.:bg3:

Arthur Morris
06-29-2012, 05:23 AM
I left room for the magazine name and other text.:bg3:

Hey Joe, That magazine must have a very long title....

Karl Egressy
06-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Interesting story and a very nice image, Joe.

Rachel Hollander
06-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi Joe - sweet and unique image with nice detail and light. I agree about the fg splotches (looks like something was cloned with the repeating sharp dark line) and too much space above.

TFS,
Rachel

Daniel Cadieux
06-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Cute and unique image, and love the story along with it. I agree the clone marks at bottom and excessive space above are two things to work on...the potential is there for an awesome refined product.

Stu Bowie
06-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi Joe, love the title. I do like the inquisitive 'pecking' pose at the egg, together with the detail on both chick and egg. The BG colours compliment the chick nicely.

jack williamson
06-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I love the overall color in this image, chick looks good and you gotta wonder what it was trying to do with the egg.

Jack

Maya Raut
07-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi Joe,

Unique image. Love the title, story, light and sharpness. Well done.

TFS
Maya