PDA

View Full Version : Tranquility

Sid Garige
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Short trip to Colorado last week and photographed mountain goats at Mt.Evans and Elk at RMNP.
From RMNP.

Canon 1d Mark IV, 70-300mm F4-5.6 L IS
F8, 1/640 ISO 800

Fixed blown out sky in post processing at the top.

-Sid

Tom Redd
06-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Sid - beautiful as always! Nice background and setting. I like the blue and yellow wildflowers and look forward to seeing more of your pics from the trip.

Steve Canuel
06-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Very nice Sid and a perfect title.

Harshad Barve
06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Incredibly beautiful
TFS

Tom Graham
06-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Very pretty, love the three color scheme - green, blue, brown. Nice work fixing blown out BG. Nice composition with elk on left looking right. The gentle slope is nice, more interesting than flat/horizontal. Mountain sloped lines complement that. Wish his eye were open (and body slanted so less emphasis on his rump). Bet it would make a great large print for the wall!!!
Tom

Morkel Erasmus
06-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Beautiful animalscape, Sid! Love the diagonals, the soft light, the hues and the serene mood. I wish the eye was open, but on the other hand I like the feeling of "resting" this conveys.
Did you drop in a blue sky over the blown one? Or did you double-process the RAW in a pseudo HDR?

PhilCook
06-27-2012, 04:24 AM
The epitome of tranquility and what a majestic animal...Lord of his Realm ! The head angle is perfect showing the antlers at their best, just superb !

Only thing missing is Julie Andrews running over the hillside in full song hehehehe

Ken Watkins
06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Sid,
Just what I needed, tranquility in Entebbe!

Fabulous image:cheers:

Sid Garige
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks Tom, Steve and Harshad.

Tom,
Thanks again for guiding us on Mt.Evans. Will post some images soon.

-Sid

Sid Garige
06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Very pretty, love the three color scheme - green, blue, brown. Nice work fixing blown out BG. Nice composition with elk on left looking right. The gentle slope is nice, more interesting than flat/horizontal. Mountain sloped lines complement that. Wish his eye were open (and body slanted so less emphasis on his rump). Bet it would make a great large print for the wall!!!
Tom

Tom,
Thanks for the kind words. I do have few with eye open but wanted one with closed eyes to go in line with the theme and title.
-Sid

Sid Garige
06-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Beautiful animalscape, Sid! Love the diagonals, the soft light, the hues and the serene mood. I wish the eye was open, but on the other hand I like the feeling of "resting" this conveys.
Did you drop in a blue sky over the blown one? Or did you double-process the RAW in a pseudo HDR?

Thanks Morkel. My initial thought process was just fix the blown sky. When I used Neutral density filter in NIK filters I kind of like the over all feel. Especially with all the forest fires around whole park kind of looked like filled with fog. I though it ND filter kind of maintained that look. Is there any other way you can sugggest?

-Sid

Sid Garige
06-27-2012, 09:55 AM
The epitome of tranquility and what a majestic animal...Lord of his Realm ! The head angle is perfect showing the antlers at their best, just superb !

Only thing missing is Julie Andrews running over the hillside in full song hehehehe

Thanks Phil.

Sid Garige
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Sid,
Just what I needed, tranquility in Entebbe!

Fabulous image:cheers:

Thanks Ken.

Tom Redd
06-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Sid -
You are more than welcome, but I wouldn't call it guiding you. It was my pleasure, let's do it again. Keep the images coming my friend.

Steve Kaluski
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi Sid, colours work well and I like the way you have used the BKG ranges to layer and give depth to the image. The closed eye ties well with the title.

TFS
Steve

Gen Benjamin
06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I love the color harmony that nature provided and you captured in this well composed image.
Gen

Rachel Hollander
06-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Sid - really beautiful and well composed scene. I too like the layers and muted colors.

TFS,
Rachel

gail bisson
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
One of the nicest elk images I have seen. I love the diagonal lines in the BG and the wildflowers.
Just lovely,
Gail

Lorant Voros
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
The photo brings us in the mood what the title suggests. Very well done.

Lorant

Michael Rominger Jr
06-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Sid, lovely image and a perfect feeling of tranquility just as you titled it! I actually do like the eye being close. The Elk appears to be resting up in his own relaxation area on the side of his hill overlooking the mountains. Sharp with nice colors along the hill. The background mountains really add to the image for me and I think you have done well handling the blown sky. Would certainly make a beautiful large print or canvas.

John Ippolito
06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Superb image, Sid. I like very much the elk with closed eyes, ruminating in the spectacular setting. Great feeling of depth.

Mark Wiseman
06-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi Sid,
A wonderful image, I like the way the elk's viewpoint follows the contour of the valley, great composition and as always, best wishes,
Mark.